running

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Winter Park Road Race

I thought it would be too much of a hassle. I figured we were headed to Sarasota on Saturday morning. As badly as I wanted to, I didn't think I was going to be able to swing this one.

I was wrong.



We are going to Sarasota for the Christening of Darrell's best friend's daughter. Darrell has been asked to be the Godfather. What a special honor. We aren't leaving until Sunday morning.

I went to the Track Shack At lunch and picked up my packet.

I'm particularly excited about the Winter Park Road Race. I have only ever run one 10k race ever. Sure, I have run plenty that were a greater distance, but only 1 official 10k. October 8 2000, my son's 4th birthday, I ventured out to the Disney Classic 10k. Now known as the Race for the Taste. The theme in 2000 was "Run Around the World" I imagined the Marketing Team sitting around thinking, thinking.... EPCOT, World Showcase, Columbus Day a few days later, and there you go. From a marketing perspective, the perosn who came up with Race For the Taste and tied it into to Food and Wine Festival should have gotten a bonus.

I digress...

My time for the Disney Classic: 1:08:54. I hope to lop at least 10 minutes off of that. My 10k time at the Disney Half Marathon was 58:50 with more than 6 1/2 miles still to go.

Another reason I am so excited about this race... Marathon Chris. After a few attempts it looks like we will be at the same place at the same time and can hopefully arange a time and place to meet. It's exciting to meet others with not only a passion for running, but a passion for blogging and technology in general. I feel like I know you all already.

We are so Web 2.0...

Marathon Chris - I will email you.

4 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I envy you! I'd love to meet Marathon Chris!!!! Have a fantastic race.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday morning Maddy!!!

Hey Susan, I think your next marathon should be at Disney in January... :-)

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger David said...

Good luck. WPRR is always great and should be sold out (3500). Watch the heat!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Great job on the race! I saw your time (but I won't reveal it before your race report). You are one fast woman!!

Hope to talk to you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home