running

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sarasota Half Marathon...

I disappeared to Miami and barely had time to sleep, let alone post. Conferences are hard work... If you have been waiting for the Sarasota report, you might be disappointed.

Due to a family emergency, the trip to Sarasota was cancelled. The race continued on without me. Sunday morning, the alarm was set for 5:20 AM. I had 13.1 on my mind and just before 6:00AM I got started on my beloved treadmill.

When I reached 6.6 miles, I could visualize myself turing around at the marina and heading back toward the finish line. As I got closer to the end, I could see, in my mind, the houses in the neighborhood the course winds through. But on this Sunday, it just wasn't meant to be.

There's always next year...

P.S. I continue to be much faster on the treadmill than I am on the road. I ran 13.1 miles in 1:52:30 - - 16 minutes than my fastest road time.

P.S.S. Charlotte isn't going to happen for me this weekend afterall.

3 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Wow, you must be disappointed! Sorry you didn't get to run the race (or Charlotte either).

You doing the Winter Park Road Race? Perhaps I can see you there!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger David said...

double drat on the races. so what's next?

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Susan said...

From one disappointment straight to another - poor Maddy! But it seems like you handled it all like a CHAMP. You go girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home