running

Monday, March 12, 2007

What's Next?

After my whirlwind tour of the Southeastern United States over the past eight days, I am ready to get back to it!

My trip to Miami was truly educational, I met a lot of great people and finally met my vendor - after several months of weekly phone conversations, we can finally put faces with the names - It was awesome - and I was on a "Trade Show High" for days.


The Delano Hotel, South Beach

Unfortunately, all of that work left no time for a Tuesday morning run. Wednesday I was still exhausted from my trip, Thursday left me in not much better shape.

Friday morning found me in South Carolina and on the go. I knew it was going to be a crazy couple of days and didn't even pack my running gear.

Okay, so I was mad that I was going to miss the half in Charlotte - but it worked out anyway.

Saturday morning we were in High Point, North Carolina and we were preparing for our return trip home. Being in the car is exhausting...


High Point University

And I'm pretty sure I have had my fill of Chick-Fil-A.

Saturday evening we stopped for a real meal at Ruby Tuesday. They changed their menu, and I really didn't find what I was looking for in the way of fuel.

My exhaustion level and lack of decent fuel meant that after 2 miles yesterday, I was done. I just wasn't feeling it.

So now what?

I had a crazy week with little running and that makes me cranky. Tomorrow I plan on getting back into my regular routine - and maybe even change things up a bit.

Add some weight training, focus on some hill training and figure out how to get a better finish time.

For all intents and purposes, my half marathon season has come to a close.

What about races?

Women Run the World 15k - May 6th - For Sure!

Mad City Half Marathon May 27th - If I can swing a trip to visit my sister.

Philadephia Distance Run September 16 - What I really want for my birthday is a trip to Philly to run one last half marathon in this age group. Two days after this race, I will be in a different, more competitive group.

I'll sprinkle in a few 5ks for good measure along the way.

Stay tuned as I work to become a better, stronging and faster girl.

It's gonna be AWESOME!

4 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I agree - it's gonna be awesome! I can not wait to read about it every step of the way!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Dang girl! You sound like Adam with all the traveling. ;-)

Busy lady you are! Makes me tired just READING about it! But you have goals!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger David said...

The Delano rocks.

High Point is not that green this time of year, is it? You're fooling with me.

Get home and chill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home