running

Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Much Needed Long Run

I feel so much better!

I had been planning on 10 miles this weekend. But Irish Blue seemed a little worried about her 11 mile run today, so I told her I would run 11 miles also to support her.

I woke up this morning around 9:00 AM. One of Darrell's buddies was coming over they were going to go out for a motorcycle ride. I had a cup of coffee with them and then I ate a Clif bar. While the boys were preparing for their ride, I was preparing for my run. I got my water ready, changed into my running clothes and made sure the kids were situated with breakfast and activities to keep them busy while I was running.


How I feel now.

As I began to run, I could feel the layers of frustration from the past few weeks peel off of me. By the time I reached the halfway point, my mind was clear and I was able to begin some future planning.

It was a really nice feeling.

I normally run long on Sunday, but I couldn't wait to get going today. That means I should be ready to run again on Monday morning. Shaking up the routine a little bit.

Changing things up could be fun and just what I need!

3 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Sounds like your run was just what you needed. Very cool!

My new training plan has me aimed to do my 10-mile at an 11:00 pace. I think it wil be challenging for me - but hey, challenge is the spice of life!!!! I KNOW I can do it. I remember thinking "how on earth will I be able to train all of those miles and run a marathon?" And that was *ahem* a piece of cake. So I am going into the 10-mile race training knowing I can succeed. I am just excited to see it all happen!

I was in college in Chicago. So I am quite excited to get back there for a bit!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

For me? That's so sweet! Thanks girl.

I did 11.2 miles today and it felt really good. It was sunny and warm (40s - Ohio warm) and I really enjoyed it.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger David said...

weather was great for those 11 miles. glad to hear you got things cleared out of the head. that's a good place to start.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home